Today, Italy’s three week epic road race, Giro d’Italia kicked off the first stage with a 130km ride through Napoli, culminating in a sprint finish, won by Mark Cavendish, who as race leader will be wearing the Maglia Rosa, the famously pink race leader’s jersey into the second stage of the race.
A big crash towards the end of the stage split the pack to create a lead group of 12 riders available to sprint to the line. Despite the crash Bradley Wiggins made it though unharmed.
So with events unfolding, how do you plan to keep up with the action? Here are some useful ways to keep your finger on the pulse of the Giro.
- Watch the action as it happens, live on Eurosport Player
- Track minute-by-minute updates on the BBC Sports website
- Follow the official Twitter account, @giroditalia
- For the nitty gritty detail around the stages, visit Gazzetta.it
- Download the Giro’s iPhone app at the Apple iTunes Store
- Read the latest news and results at Cycling News Online
How are you following the action? Enjoy